thistle pocketed dress.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Pharrell Williams & Natasha Poly for Vogue Russia
it's exactly one week until i get to see one of my favourite bands N*E*R*D, yes seven more sleeps until i witness Mr. Williams up on stage *swoon*. i found these images online photographed by Terry Richardson, and what a great mixture of music and fashion, the two best things in the world!
most likely because she looks like a cat.
i'm in my third week of TAFE and i'm absolutely loving it! illustration is my fave subject at the moment, and we've been learning how to do quick sketches in a small amount of time. i must say i do like the rawness of it. and not being able to use a rubber just adds to the effect.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
my fellow designer friend, who also happens to be my neighbour, Kevin Tran, is having his first solo exhibition this Thursday night. he will be showcasing his rather intriguing artworks for all to see at the Regard Gallery. it's all happening for him at the moment!
he's also featured on the Finders Keepers website, all the details are there so make sure you check that out!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Model; Silvia Grenova
Wardrobe & Styling; Maiden Threads
i don't think i've shared these photos with you yet. this series was done sometime in September of 2007. it was actually taken in Matt's garage, it was a freezing day so kudos to Silvia for her determination!
Monday, February 9, 2009
i had been tagged while i was gone, by the ever so talented Kelly Smith *i feel so special*
so 10 things i love and 10 things i love less, i think i have more hates than loves...
things i love...
1. good DESIGN whether it be fashion, graphic, interior etc.
2. my STUDIO it's my special room away from everyone.
3. watching GILMORE GIRLS i wish i lived in Stars Hollow.
4. SEWING it's quite soothing to me, except when i'm rushed to do something.
5. creative PHOTOGRAPHY i would love to art direct someday or even maybe take
up fashion photography professionally.
6. ART especially original illustration, it's so precious.
7. BAGS i realized i have quite a collection.
8. CUTE & QUIRKY things like ummm buttons?
9. my favourite things to eat are PIZZA & CHOCOLATE!
things i love less...
1. ONIONS (except for grilled onions on sausage sizzles) they're a waste of plate space.
2. new TECHNOLOGY for eg. phones that play music because on the bus there is always 5 different people playing different things at the highest volume. i really don't want to listen to your music!!!
3. annoying CUSTOMERS i have worked with them for 6 years now, and i've served too many of them!
4. i absolutely hate catching TRAINS there are so many jerks and perves especially during peak hour.
5. CROOKED LINES i'm a perfectionist.
6. people who don't do their WORK properly ie. the person who lost my parcel.
7. IMPATIENT & RUDE people.
8. TEENY BOPPERS, sorry, they really annoy me.
9. when people blow SMOKE in my face.
i will leave the last 2 spaces for when i think of something worthy...
Friday, February 6, 2009
Tagaytay, overlooking the volcano.
fireworks at Enchanted Kingdom.